
Did I mention how I love love love glasbake dishes? As well as fireking and pyrex, of course. Especially those of the "milk glass" variety. They have the cutest patterns and I love finding them at the thrift store. A dollar here, seventy-five cents there and pretty soon you have a cupboard full. I mean I'm all for having a matching set of dishes, silverware, pans, etc, but I don't mind the occasional vintage dish or mug or glass thrown in for good effect. So I was super excited when I found those at the thrift store the other day.

I also found two more of those handle bowls. I believe they are anchor hocking/fireking, because most that I saw on ebay or etsy were listed as such but of course these ones only say "oven-proof microwave safe made in usa 240" on the bottom. I recently found a set of four, but somehow managed to not talk about them or photograph them. But while they were in good condition, these two are in better condition. So I'm going to swap out one to take to work to use there (we already have one there from my grandma, it can be the perfect size sometimes). & the jar? Well, I seem to be all about those jars lately. I don't know what it is. But I can't wait to put some candy in it. And buy some candy to put in it (I'm thinking candy corn).
Those were not the only vintage dishes I found! But! the three others I saw were super cute but totally tore up on the inside. I did not buy them, but I am still thinking about it if I go back. It's unclear if they are stained or just plain dirty. I may take a little alcohol pad with me the next time I go and discretely swipe it across one of the bowls. I took pictures, of course:

cute outside, even if it's a little scratched.

& the inside! a total wreck.

again, a very cute pattern but...

hard to tell, but that's not really a shadow, it's smudges of... dirt? smoke damage? I have no idea.
Some older finds that somehow went unmentioned:


Button is feeling much better now, back to her normal levels of fussiness. Sitting on my desk, between my arms, as I type right now. She can be a needy little kit-cat when she wants to.

No comments:
Post a Comment