Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

00015

I don't know what is wrong with me, but spray paint always gets me down. Sometimes it's drippy. Sometimes it's smeary. Most of the time, however, it is just plain rough. I don't know if it's like this for other people. Scratch that. I know other people can spray paint things and they come out smooth. I don't know. Maybe it's because I do most of my spray painting outside? Too much pollen? But where/how can I do it inside? Not very easily.

Either way I have a few things in mid spray process. This is one of them:



It's an owl napkin holder I found at the thrift store. Yes, it was once all together, and yes now it is in two pieces thanks to a nasty fall. Easier to paint that way though. I'm not at all happy with how the paint is covering, though the picture is too small for you to tell. It's also very rough and I'm tempted to hit it with some sandpaper and start from scratch, with primer this time. I don't know though. I hate the waste of paint that would be. Also this happened:



Some weird smudging happened when I was trying to hit the edge up with the spray paint. So that's awesome. [And underneath it is a metal "recipe" box that I'm trying to paint. It had the same smearing problem.] Spray paint! The bane of my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment