Today I hit up Big Lots. Not a lot going on there. I was looking for peppermint/vanilla candles from Method (because they don't make that scent anymore) but they didn't have any. I ended up getting a cinnamon bark candle though. It's a decent smell, though a bit christmas-y so it'll be stashed away for a month or so.
I went to the Goodwill and to the thrift store in Hartville. I am trying to look for more Halloween decor, since I basically have none. Last week or maybe the week before, whenever I last went to that Goodwill, they had a whole long shelf filled with Halloween stuff. Now it's down to two and a half feet of shelving and the rest of that section is christmas stuff! BS. I did, however, manage to find two pumpkins. One is kind of wicker-y and the other is ceramic. The wicker one is ok, not the best thing I ever found, but it is better than nothing, which is basically what I have right now.

The ceramic is pretty cute, but for some reason has holes punched in the top of it that have been glazed over, but are still visible (failed salt shaker?). I figure if I put it on a high enough shelf, you won't really see that part.
exhibit A:

Note the holes: annoying.
exhibit B:

This is how I hope it will appear when on a shelf. Cute!
At the Mennonite thrift store I found a Real Simple magazine, A Separate Peace, and two glass jars. I'm not sure how much I like the one jar. It has morning glories on the side. It definitely needs a new lid, because the one it has is kinda cloudy (or maybe I'll be able to clean it up some, I haven't gotten around to washing it yet). The other jar I got for my dad. He keeps his cough drops strewn all over the counter and even in his spare change jar, so I'm hoping this will keep him a tad bit more organized (but I extremely doubt that will happen, he'll probably not like the idea of having to take the whole extra step of lifting a lid to access the cherry Halls).

Is this a keeper? I don't know...
Here is most of the day's haul all together so you can see how small the ceramic pumpkin is:

oh & I bought this board game at the Goodwill outlet last Saturday and just today got around to checking to see if it has all the pieces. It does! I've never played it but I was mildly interested in it. It seems like fun. It's in good shape for being at the Goodwill, and has all the instructions, including French and Spanish. Only thirty-five cents!

No comments:
Post a Comment