Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

00022



Another dragging day. I woke up early again and I am still working on the box from hell and I am having more problems than I was having yesterday. I'm also still having flickr problemos but! I managed to get pictures of my thrift store finds uploaded. Maybe once I'm past this difficult part of my job I will stop complaining.

So Tuesday after the Vet Trip (which Button is still upset/sore from, she was very uncooperative today) I went back out to the Thrift Store & Goodwill. At the Goodwill I ran into a Friend's mom! I felt somewhat awkward, but she's pretty nice. I had just in fact picked up something that I intended to buy for said friend. It's a cute little ceramic elephant planter (or whatever). My friend likes elephants and I figure it will be a nice little house-warming gift if I ever make my way over to her new apartment. She lives forty minutes away because of her job. She moved about a year ago and just changed apartments. I feel a bit guilty at having never visited her in the first one. Oops. So I guess she is worth a dollar for a used elephant haha.



I also found these cute owl cups. I already had one, because my cousin found them at a different Goodwill once. Perhaps I can return that one now that I found my own set of six, count them, six cups, all taped together for only 2 dollars (yes, kind of pricey, but I think they were worth it. sometimes at the GW you have to splurge for the good stuff).



The rest of the haul:



The Pumpkins are part of my last minute quest for Halloween decorations. They were a quarter each so for 75 cents I couldn't pass them up.

The snowman tin is from Wal-Mart from last year or the year before. I think that snowman design is pretty cute and somehow stopped myself from buying it from Wal-Mart because it never went on clearance low enough. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but I don't need to worry about that for another month.

The penguin candle holder was normally $3 but because the color was on sale it was only $1. Since it's in the packaging I may give it to a friend who likes penguins for a Christmas gift. Or be the greedo I am and keep it for myself, we'll see how I feel come December.

I also at the last minute decided to go to the thrift store again today. I bought last year's October Martha Stewart Living for 50 cents and two pairs of pants for my cousin's little nephew. Not a big day for finds, but I went to the same store which I went to yesterday. A pumpkin I thought about buying was gone so I didn't have to reconsider getting it (two dollars!). There's also a Nickelodeon Double Dare board game which has been there for three weeks or so. I always consider buying that as well, but I'm not sure why. I may go there again tomorrow because in theory I will get up earlish and go to the flea market. I still would like to go one more time before it gets cold and there aren't any people there.

I also put up some Fall decorations around my office:

No comments:

Post a Comment