

I was up all night Wednesday cooking & baking. I made cheesy potatoes and pumpkin chocolate chip squares. The potatoes were ok, I'm still working on tweaking my recipe, and the squares were just a recipe I saw on-line and decided to make last minute, though I still tweaked that a bit too, based on comments people left. They were pretty good too, I even made a second batch on Saturday with the leftover pumpkin puree. I thought about using it to make banana bread, but perhaps I'll try that another day.













My aunt brought these craft supplies for us to make coasters... I did not really like how mine turned out but here it is anyway, ugly.

I was thinking of going "black friday shopping" when I got a text from a friend, and it turned out a group was going to the outlets about thirty or forty minutes away, because they opened at eleven. I'd only been to these outlets once before, and I wasn't really impressed with them, but I decided to go anyway. I ended up breaking off from the group with my friend Tony after everyone else rushed into bath & body works, which was a mad house. We wandered around, and got coupon bags which included ten dollars off at the Adidas store. So now I have new shoes that only cost me eleven dollars. I'm not in love with them, but for eleven dollars? Not bad, especially since I just threw away some Nikes that were getting old.



Other than shoes for myself, the only thing I bought from the outlets were some "wicking" polo shirts for my grandpa for Christmas. After the outlets we went to ihop, not my choice, and then Tony and I broke off completely because everyone was "tired" and we went to Target/Best Buy/GameStop, where I didn't buy anything except for a comforter that I returned on Saturday because I decided it was too thin. I didn't get home until seven and then I didn't get to sleep until 8. I did, however, go out later in the day to pick up some headphones that were half off (good timing, mine just broke last week) and jeans that I may return because I'm not sure how I feel about the color.

We did get our first real snow in Akron on Friday morning, around seven. Pretty awesome.

Now it's time to kick it into gear for Christmas. The only people I'm done shopping for are my dad and my grandpa. I have no idea what I'm going to get for my sisters, and I may need a few more supplies for the thing I'm going to make my grandma, which I should start on soon so it doesn't come down to Christmas Eve at 3AM like it did for that snowman pictured above. To defend myself, it would have been done before then, but I ran into issues with the paint, which is why it is almost all glittered. Whoops, haha. But to top that all off, I also have to think of things for people to get me! Yikes, I have almost no idea of what I want this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment