Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

00028


happy halloween from business cat.





I didn't do much for Halloween. I may like the decorations, but I do not really care about the holiday. I made some rice krispy treats and dyed the marshmallow orange, though the effect was just that it blended in with the cereal. & I did go downtown to see the band the Whigs. They weren't really that great, I liked their opening bands better. I... am blanking on what they were called. I think one was called the Dead Trees.


Early in the day I went to Kohl's to look for shoes. These were the only ones I liked but they were sixty dollars. I can't shell out that much! But I did find some boots I felt were acceptable and bought those.


I really struggled on what color to pick, and I think ended up taking tan color that is not pictured here.



Two cute pillows from kohl's. I didn't buy either, but I think if any I would get the snowman. They are already marked down so now would probably be the time to act.



Friday I hit up different thrifty stores than I normally go to. A Goodwill and a Salvation Army I didn't find too much, but I seem to have a knack for finding little fruit containers without their lids. I found a strawberry which was only forty nine cents or something like that. I might keep my cash money in it. The bird is ceramic and I will probably paint it white.


I found some books too!


Some older finds I just found on the camera. The black cat was a quarter I think. I'm going to repaint it. & the ghosty thing may look smeary? I am not sure what was on it, or whether it was supposed to be on it, but I cleaned it all off with rubbing alcohol.


There is also this guy, who I got for one of my sisters to give to my grandma for Christmas. It was only two dollars and is pretty tall, maybe twelve inches? I didn't measure it. My grandma likes snowmen (though is getting a bit tired of them). All it needs now is a candle.

Of course there were some things I didn't buy. As always.









I liked this small ceramic tree, but the top was chipped


Only forty-nine cents! This tacky item was actually quite sad. Those little folded up pieces of paper all had little notes on them thanking someone for various things. Of course I wrote them all down in my phone:
"Thanks for loving my masterpieces.
Thanks for making me who I am today.
Thanks for singing to me every night.
Thanks for smiling at me every second.
Thanks for seeing movies with me.
Thanks for spending your money on Burger King.
Thanks for coming to my concert and clapping at the end.
Thanks for taking me to Tennessee every year.
Thanks for getting turtle licious every week to eat.
Thanks for paying the cable bill so I can watch tv."

No comments:

Post a Comment